Monday, May 21, 2012

Beautiful Feet

"How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?  And how can anyone preach unless they are sent? As it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!” - Romans 10:14-15


For the record, I hate feet. Really I hate people touching me period, but if someone touches me with his or her feet, I'm not responsible for my reaction.
Because of that, I always found this scripture kind of strange, but its a scripture that's been on my heart since December. (funny how God works.)


Beautiful and feet. Definitely not two words that I ever put together. To me, feet are dirty and gross. Besides nail polish, there's nothing beautiful about feet. However, in Hebrew, the word beautiful can be translated to towb which means:
a) welfare, prosperity, happiness
b) good things (collective)
c) good, benefit
d) moral good




So our calling has nothing to do with beauty. It has nothing to do with feet and the fact that I hate them. It has everything to do with love. Love. Love. Love. The very reason I feel called to study half way across the word in a place filled with beauty, filth, poverty, colors, stories, and amazing people.
"How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation." - Isaiah 52:7


"Let us not be satisfied with just giving money. Money is not enough, money can be got, but they need your hearts to love them. So, spread your love everywhere you go." - Mother Teresa


                                               With Love,
                                                 Kaitlyn  


No comments:

Post a Comment