Thursday, May 10, 2012

Namasté!

        Introductions in the virtual world are always weird and awkward. Seriously, it's the norm to follow people on the internet but super creepy to do that in real life.  Especially since I don't think anyone outside my family and close friends will actually read this.
        With that being said, I'll be studying NGOs ad development  abroad in Chennai, New Delhi and Jaipur, India for five weeks this summer. The point of this blog is to keep everyone updated in the most convenient way while I'm abroad and too chronicle my adventures so that I remember as much as possible. Mostly, because I like to talk a lot and when I get excited I talk super fast, so rather than listening to me, people can keep up with this blog, and when they get tired of "listening" to me, click the next tab to Facebook or Twitter or Pinterest. 
       Really, the primary purpose of this, for the time being, will be so my mom can make sure I'm not getting any tattoos or piercings and won't end up on an episode of "Locked Up Abroad". But seriously I love writing, words and new cultures. It's a way to collect and share my thoughts and what I learn while I'm there. 
       If you made it this far, thanks for the virtual support. I also think I'm mildly entertaining and tend to have weird/awkward/funny stories, so I promise to try to keep you entertained with some blog-worthy cross-cultural mishaps.

                                                    With love,

                                                       Kaitlyn

No comments:

Post a Comment